Thursday, February 5, 2015

How to Survive During THE WAIT

Well, this is long overdue. 
But waiting is hardest when it's almost done right? So in some way this might be helpful!
Now, we all know how horrible it is to wake up every Saturday without an episode and starting every week without no pony to look forward too... waiting for a new season is frustrating, painful melancholic, so that's why I (with the help of my MEGA EQUINE CREW) came up with a list of things to do/watch/read while waiting for a dose of our beloved miniature horses. LET'S ROLL!

A Bronies Survival Guide While Waiting For a New Season

1. Rewatch all the episodes. 
Best done right after the end of a season or during a pre-season marathon! Don't forget your popcorn!
2. Contribute to the fandom. 
Doesn't matter if you're an active pony artist/musician/author or a shy, shellfish fan like me, there's always fanart to draw, AMVs to create, plushies to sew, songs to make and fiction to write! GO MAKE YOUR DEBUT IN THE BIG BRONY WORLD!
3. Visit conventions.
 Not all of us are lucky enough to visit BronyCon, Buck or Grand Brony Gala (like me, here in Ukraine the best you can find is a small get together in the park). So even if you can't go to the big cons, follow this link to Equestria Daily and find yourself a meetup group! Who knows, maybe you will find new friends!
4. Try cosplaying. 
heh, well this isn't for everyone! I don't have the guts to wear pony gear to my imaginary conventions, but I'd live to try it sometime! Start small - sew yourself a pair of pony ears and go to that meetup we talked about in the previous one!
5. Bronify your friends. 
This is a hard one. In fact, don't try it unless you're sure your friends are awesome. Here's my story- a good friend of mine didn't really like MLP, but one day I begged her to give it a chance. She watched a few episodes and was instantly hooked! The next day I gave her the full brony welcome, plus I drew her a few helpful charts and tables, introducing to the most popular songs, fanfictions and pony personas.
6. Make up some pony foreshadowing/conspiracy theories. 
and don't forget to share them with the community!
7. Read the official MLP comic! 
Do it if you still haven't! It's published by IDW and is amazing (some story arcs made me cry rivers...)
8. Watch some other series. Yep, when you've done everything I  did and didn't mention you have one solid choice - get your mind of the terrible wait by watching other stuff. As a matter of fact, I will make an entire list dedicated to the stuff you can watch in my next post, so keep your eyes peeled...

No comments:

Post a Comment