Monday, December 9, 2013

Disappointments

Recently I've been thinking about Daring Don't. I guess that I'm a bit disappointed...
I always loved Daring as a character, she was like the pony (female) version of Indiana Jones. And she always stayed fictional (in a fictional, pony world!). But now, after the new episode, everything changed! The ponies can go see Daring Do anytime they like, in reality. While when she was a book character, the only way you could communicate with her was by a book and using your imagination. 
It feels as if that magical reader-character bond is broken. 
For example- imagine your fave book chatacter, let's say... Bob Bobson, he's so cool and awesome, but one day you find out that Bob Bobson is alive, breathing the same air as you and walking on the same ground. Even more- all the insanely impossible things he did are true too! In fact, he wrote the books himself. That's not quite pleasant, for me. 
I guess it's pretty hard to compare Daring Do and Bob Bobson, but just use your imagination. 
That point of the episode really brought me down... hope that at least you don't mind the change.
Have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment