Friday, November 22, 2013

Double Rainboom Review

Huzzah! The new post I promised is here.
I'm reviewing something special today, Double Rainbow, the first fan made episode.
If you don't know what it is, go see it here!



It's written and directed by Zachary Rich, but be sure to check out the full cast. The story is interesting- "After drinking a strange potion Twilight made that enhances a pony's special talent, Rainbow Dash creates a sonic rainboom that breaks the barriers of time and space and goes on an adventure that transcends entire dimensions"
Now, let's get on with the review!
-Story-
As I said, the story of the episode is interesting. I really enjoyed the multiple references throughout the episode. Even at one point Rainbow Dash is chased by the Power Puff Girls.


 I won't give out anything in case you haven't watched it before! In a few words, Rainbow drinks the potion, travels to a different dimension, then gets saved by Pinkie Pie, and returns back too Equestria. It's a bit rushed in the end though...
-Music-
David Gruwier Larsen is responsible for the music. Some pieces were very memorable and cheerful. Though my non-brony friend noticed that there was a bit to much background music. I agree, most of the movements,expressions and actions are followed by various sounds. That can get a bit annoying...
-Animation and art-
Must admit, the animation is so good, that at sometimes it was hard to believe that Double Rainboom is a fan made project. of course, there were some minor flaws, but they're barely noticeable.
I really loved the backgrounds and puppets. They really added some sort of awesomeness to the episode!
-Personal opinion-
I enjoyed  Double Rainboom, the references, crazy (in a good way) parts, and the huge amounts of Rainbow Dash made this episode treat! 
-Overview-
Considering everything, I would give Double Rainboom a 7.5 out of 10. 

__________________________________________

Hahah! Season 4 is almost here! I can barely wait. Preparations must be made, popcorn must be bought! 

There will be lots of marathons, livestreams and online parties for the next 48 hours!
Personally, I'm having a party of one- me :,( 
But if I bring my plushies and my dog (whom I suspect of being a big fan. She licks all my collectables  0_O ), I will at least have some company!
If you want to know how many hours, minuets and seconds are left until the premier, check out this countdown
Only 21 hours, 54 minutes, 47 seconds to go......

Have a GREAT, AMAZING premier tomorrow! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment