Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pinkie Apple Pie "Meh" Review

Ugh. I really didn't like the episode...
But duty calls, I've got to review it!
-Summary-
Hugs. Meh

Pinkie finds out that she's kinda related to the Apples, so she shares the good news with AJ and her family. AJ i suspicious, so they set off on a journey to visit some crazy old cat pony and see if she know if Pinkie is part of the family. And they quarrel and stuff on the way.
But we'll never know because the writing in the book was smudged.


Isn't she adorable? Not the pony, that cute cat on the left!
The end.
-Music-
well.... the song wasn't terrible... it was "meh"
That's my lazy rating
-Personal Opinion-
I didn't like it. I judge episodes in a very simple way- I ask myself "will I want to re-watch this episode in a few days?". If the answer is no, then it's not an impressive episode (for me, because everybody think differently).
Why didn't I like it? Let me explain.
Firstly, it was too rushed. Sonic the Hedgehog is as slow as my computer compared to Pinkie Apple Pie.
Secondly, they make a fool out of Pinkie. No, not a fool, a crazy pony. In this season this occurs on daily basis. Seriously, why can't they Pinkie act a little more serious like she did in the previous seasons? 
Thirdly, the plot was very predictable. I'm trying to go easy on this one because technically MLP is a show for younger people, but still even a five year old kid could guess how the episode would end. 
And that thing with Applebloom's Cutie Mark- it's getting old. An occasional joke here and there would be just perfect, but when Applebloom (and the rest of the CMC) mentions Cutie Marks during most of her actions- it gets annoying. Just give the poor fillies their Marks! Let that story arc die already. Maybe their Marks will be blank flanks, 'cause that's their DESTINY.
The only thing I like about the episode was that cat-obsessed pony, Goldie Delicious. Her cats are awesome.


cats everywhere!

Only thing worth mentioning was That Reference Everyone Noticed.

 Apple Bloom: Who's got the map?
I got the map!
M to the A to the yeah, that's right, P
Ain't no other pony found a map like me
I'm Apple- 
I think this show got a lot more fan-driven since season 2...
Oh, and the Jenga reference.
And did anyone notice SlenderMan starting right back just for a split second in the back ground...? Just take a look...


He's there. Looking. Waiting... soon...



-Overview-
Meh, 3 out of 10.
ONLY SLENDERMAN AND THOSE CATS SAVED YOU FROM MY WRATH, APPLE PINKIE PIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment