Saturday, November 30, 2013

Castle Mane-ia Review

Hi! Time to review the 3rd episode of the 4th season- Castle Mane-ia!
Let's roll!
-Summary-
The episode begins with Twilight freaking out over that chest from episode 2. 
She can't find anything in the books in Ponyville, and plans to go and raid the Canterlot's library to find something. Celestia sends her a letter telling that she can find some clues in her and Luna's old castle. They go to the castle in the Everfree Forest and stay there for the night.  
On the other side of Ponyville Applejack and Rainbow are competing over the title of the "Most Daring Pony". They decide that they should continue in the old castle, cause Granny Smith once told AJ about the "Shadow Pony" roaming the castle.
Rarity and Fluttershy (and Angel) go to the castle to steal some tapestries. Wow Rarity, taking poor innocent Fluttershy on a theft... -_-
They're all creeped out by the castle (except Twilight. Twilight is a badass), and run all around from the "Shadow Pony" who is actually Pinkie playing a creepy Pipe Organ.  
-Music-
Loved the Organ parts. Pinkie Pie can play it really, really, well. 
Some melodies were taken from the past episodes, but I'm cool with that.
-Personal Opinion-
•Firstly, I though that the begging of the episode was to rushed. Very rushed. Thor 2 type rushed (Thor 2 was REALLY rushed!).
 •In this season, I noticed that poor Spike gets hurt a lot. Seriously, Twi pushed a pile of book onto him...

Poor guy. 
•When they're in the castle, Spike bumps into an Alicorn HORSE statue. HORSE statue. That really creeped me out. Can you imagine- "My Little Horse: Horse is Horse" 
HORSE

• Why didn't Celesia warn Twilight about the traps? I think that she just wanted to scare the poop outa her, not help her find that book... 
And I'm pretty sure she would remember if there was something about that chest in the castle library. 
Why Celestia and Luna have a passage full of hooves?! Why?!
• Why did Fluttershy take a baby bunny on a trip into the ruins of an old castle?
•Rarity is a fan of Luna. Did you notice that all the tapestries she wanted were with Luna? I knew the she was a fan...
• Twilight kinda won the "Most Daring Pony" competition. She didn't even blink at those creepy sounds. 
And Twi's spell was really epic and badass:

•The castle wasn't that epic in the 1 Season. Just take a look at this cool dragon: 
Or this cool shot:

Lastly, who was that in the end? 
That looks like Zecora and her strange glowing eyes, but if it's not her, I really hope that they will continue this story. I was expecting to see Batponies, but I'm satisfied with the episode even without them.
-Other Stuff-
I really loved the facial expressions: 
I love that face.
This face make me wanna give Fluttershy a great big hug! :3
-Overview-
I really loved the episode, a little bit to rushed at the beginning, but the small references and awesome moments made it all ok. 
I got a feeling that there will be a LOT, I mean a LOT of shipping after this episode... :D
I'm giving this episode a 9 out of 10. It was radical!
Have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment