Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How I became a Brony

HI!
I wasn't sure what to review, so I decided to share the story how I became a fan. 
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...
Back in 2010 I was collecting old G3.5 ponies, and I considered them the most beautiful things in the world:

 

the horror!
I asked my sister to bring me some ponies for my collection from London, but I didn't know which ones did I want (I didn't watch the show, though I'm not sure if you could call it a show, a nightmare more like!), so the My Little Pony website. The first thing I saw was this: 


I didn't like it. No, I HATED it. I was so used to those old ponies with big heads and anime-ish eyes, that this was pure evil for me. 
Of course, I didn't forget about the "horrible" new show, so in a few days I decided to watch it. And I did. And I loved it. 
In the first two episodes the creators of the show managed to make me laugh, then cry, connect with different characters from the show and simply fall in love with it. (Seriously, I hummed the theme song for months on!) 
But that wasn't it. At that time My little pony was just a show I really liked, and there was one thing that made this show my favorite. The fans. When I started to watch there wasn't this great army of Bronies, it was just begging to grow. I didn't know about Bronies until season 2. And that was the beginning of my fan-journey from somebody who likes the show to, well, me now.  
What is your story?  How did the fans change the show for you?  
Have a radical day/night! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment